Thursday, December 13, 2007

Hurrah! The Finish Line! No Longer Teetering on the Branch

I am exceedingly happy to finish with The Ten Things. The Tenth Good Thing, The Virtual Library Branch, went well with a few good hints. Checking out an ebook on the PC in Readers Services could have gone faster if I had the notes how to download, which I left upstairs. Readers Services Staff was helpful. Once I found out Adobe and not Mobipocket was needed, success was attained. The next trick was to find the ebook after checking out. Overdrive Media Console, which I had downloaded, was the ticket.

Of course, SPL's Web site is certainly among the best in the land. I could write all day about what it has to offer. Take the catalog. I like it that the more information link often brings up awards and reviews. I also like it that we are linked with other libraries for extra quick retrieval of books that are checked out here (LINKin). I also like the site search and power search links. There are literally hundreds of sites available, which work beautifully. We are able to help our patrons with a flouish.

Thank you, indeed, The Ten Things Team! You made me think "between the lines" and let me and everyone else know what's going on in our virtual world.
I will thank you again, tomorrow, at Staff Day.
You are all wonderful!

No comments: